GLOBUS 2018: Essential Britain & Ireland with Paris (GBE)
13 days from London to Paris
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts will be waiting to welcome you. After checking into your hotel and an afternoon at leisure, we recommend our optional Taste of London excursion with dinner, followed by a guided illuminations cruise on the Thames River.|
|Day 2||Newport||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and depart London at 8 am for a memorable day's sightseeing. Try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE. Explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then admire the magnificence of the monument up close. At the elegant Georgian city of Bath, see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS. Then, cross the Severn River for a late-afternoon arrival in Wales. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Waterford||A morning orientation drive in the Welsh capital features all the major attractions. Take a guided tour of Cardiff Castle, and discover its history of invasions, abductions, and conflicts over the past 2,000 years. Continue along the South Wales coast to Pembroke, where your FERRY will be waiting. Cross St. George's Channel to Rosslare on the Emerald Isle and proceed to Waterford, a stronghold founded by the Danish Vikings in 853. After dinner this evening, enjoy an [LF] IRISH COFFEE DEMONSTRATION. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Dublin||This morning, enjoy a guided tour of the HOUSE OF WATERFORD CRYSTAL, then travel on to Kilkenny, one of Ireland's prettiest towns with medieval cobblestones and Old-World charm. Visit magnificent KILKENNY CASTLE, which overlooks the Nore River and has guarded this important river crossing for more than 900 years. The gardens, with extensive woodland paths, rose garden, and ornamental lake, create the setting for a beautiful stroll. On arrival in Dublin, top the day with an optional Irish cabaret evening including dinner, dance, song, and laughter. (B)|
|Day 5||Dublin||An orientation drive in Ireland's capital city includes statue-lined O'Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Oscar Wilde's Trinity College. The afternoon is at leisure for you to explore this vibrant city. Tonight, maybe take in an optional dinner outing to the Guinness Storehouse. (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||On your way to Northern Ireland, cross the Boyne River, then skirt the Mountains of Mourne. In Belfast, where the Titanic was built, take in the city's vibrant history and view the impressive City Hall. Next, board your FERRY to cross the North Channel to Cairnryan on Scotland's southwest coast and continue through the scenic Scottish border country to Edinburgh. Tonight, relax and enjoy our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)|
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a local expert introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, a unique optional excursion: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. For departure numbers 0729 through 0819, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)|
|Day 8||York||This morning, drive past the abbey ruins at Jedburgh into wild Northumberland National Park. Later, see a section of Hadrian's Wall, the Roman coast-to-coast defense against marauding northern tribes. In York, England's most complete medieval city, stand in awe in front of the great structure of York Minster, then follow your Tour Director through a maze of quaint streets, including the narrow Shambles. (B,D)|
|Day 9||London||On the last leg of your journey, stop at Stratford-upon-Avon, the fascinating Elizabethan town. Take pictures of Anne Hathaway's Cottage, visit SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE, and enjoy [LF] a light LUNCH. On return to London at about 3:30 pm, a Shownight Theater Evening would be an incredible finale to your vacation. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Paris||Travel by high-speed EUROSTAR TRAIN (Standard class) to Paris. Your Local Host is available to help you make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 11||Paris||Morning guided sightseeing features Paris' most famous highlights, including gothic NOTRE DAME Cathedral and THE LOUVRE. (B)|
|Day 12||Paris||Your Local Host will have many suggestions for your day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 13||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$989-$1295Triple room reduction per person: $24-$105Extra nights per person in London:in single room$191-$281, in twin $109-$152, in triple $103-$143Extra nights per person in Paris:in single room $187-$418, in twin $97-$213, in triple $59-$97Upgrade supplement to Standard Premier on Eurostar Train: $175
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).
From $3,297.00 (USD)
Spectacular scenery combined with fascinating architectural remains and energetic cities-all of this awaits you on this fabulous escorted tour of Britain and Ireland.