Europe Costsaver 2018: Highlights of the Italian Lakes Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2018
The Italian Lakes take centre stage on this journey through northern Italy. Peaceful lakeside villages and deep blue waters set against the foothills of the Alps combine with a visit to the fashion capital of Milan and Lugano in Switzerland.
- Bergamo Visit this fascinating historic city with two distinct centres. Enjoy a funicular ride with spectacular views
- Lake Como Enjoy the alpine peaks and sparkling waters of this scenic lake as well as an included cruise to Bellagio
- Lake Garda Visit Italy's largest lake and enjoy breathtaking scenery on an included scenic drive
- Lake Lugano Visit the Swiss city of Lugano located on the shores of this spectacular lake
- Lake Maggiore Visit Italy's second-largest lake and see the beautiful towns, villages and gardens
- Milan Enjoy a sightseeing tour in Milan with your Local Specialist including the Duomo, Galleria and La Scala
- Verona Orientation walk including views of Juliet's Balcony and the Roman Arena
- 7 Buffet breakfasts
- 3 Three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Milan||Arrive Milan - Saronno (2 Nights): Welcome to the Italian Lakes region. Airport transfers will be provided from Milan Malpensa Airport to your hotel in Saronno. Well known for its almond or apricot kernel biscuits (amaretti), the sweet, almond-flavoured Italian liqueur called Amaretto is also produced in this town. After check-in relax and unwind before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an included dinner at the hotel.Dinner|
Starhotels Grand Milan
|Day 2||LAKE COMO EXCURSION||Lake Como Excursion: After breakfast enjoy a short drive to Lake Como and an included cruise to Bellagio known as 'the pearl of Lake Como'. The legendary beauty of this tiny lakeside village has attracted the rich and famous throughout the centuries.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Lake Maggiore||Saronno - Lugano (Switzerland) - Lake Maggiore (2 Nights): This morning make your way to the Swiss city of Lugano which is also known as the 'Monte Carlo of Switzerland'. An ever-growing number of celebrities, entertainers and successful athletes have residences along the shores of this scenic lake. Enjoy free time to walk along the lake or do a little shopping for Swiss souvenirs. Later travel back to Italy for a two-night stay at your lakeside hotel on the western shores of Lake Maggiore. This evening enjoy an included dinner at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Lake Maggiore||Lake Maggiore Free Day: Lake Maggiore is the second-largest lake in Italy after Lake Garda and one of the most scenic. Immortalised in the American writer Ernest Hemingway's novel 'A Farewell To Arms', you will have a free day to explore or perhaps take an excursion to the Borromean Islands.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||ROVERETO||Lake Maggiore - Verona - Lake Garda Scenic Drive - Rovereto (2 Nights): This morning travel to Shakespeare's romantic Verona where you enjoy an orientation tour of the town including sights such as the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony. Afterwards you will have free time to savour the atmosphere of this historic city. This afternoon take a scenic drive along Lake Garda, before arriving at your hotel for a two-night stay.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lake District||Lake District Free Day: Consider taking a boat trip across Lake Garda or maybe join a full-day Optional Experience into the Dolomite Mountains where you can ride a cable car up one of the mountain peaks for spectacular views.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Milan||Rovereto - Bergamo - Milan: En route to Milan stop and visit the attractive town of Bergamo by funicular. Move from the lower town to the upper town enjoying the breathtaking views. On arrival in Milan, enjoy a walking tour of the city centre with your Local Specialist including views of the Gothic Duomo, the 19th century Galleria and La Scala Opera House. This evening enjoy a final dinner at the hotel with your companions.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Novotel Milano Nord Ca Granda
|Day 8||DEPART MILAN||Depart Milan: This morning, say 'arrivederci' to Italy, your Travel Director and newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable holiday. Transfers are available to Milan Malpensa Airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,175.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2018The Italian Lakes take centre stage on this journey through northern Italy.